President, Survival Sciences, LLC
Chuck Joyner is a recognized expert in the use of force. He served in the CIA from 1983-1987, and was a Special Agent with the FBI from 1987 until his retirement in 2011. He has extensive experience in training and consultations on use of force policy and training. Chuck has lectured internationally and throughout the U.S. on myriad law enforcement topics.
Advanced Concepts in Defensive Tactics; A Survival Guide for Law Enforcement, published in 2010 by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis.
Frequent contributor to a number of law enforcement periodicals to include the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, PoliceOne.com, and The Tactical Edge.
- Certified in force science analysis by the Force Science Institute, Ltd.
- Certified by the FBI as a Master Police Instructor, General Police Instructor, Firearms Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor, Chemical Agents Instructor, Fitness Instructor, and Tactical Instructor.
- Certified by TASER International as a TASER Instructor.
- Certified by Armament Systems and Procedures (ASP) as an ASP Baton Instructor.
- Inducted into the martial arts Masters’ Hall of Fame as Instructor of the Year in 2006.
EXPERT WITNESS CREDENTIALS
- Testified in federal and state courts.
- Created the Dynamic Resistance-Response Model (DRM); a modern use of force model first presented in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, September 2007. The DRM has been adopted by departments throughout the U.S. to include the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Training (TCOLE), and is currently taught to all new Texas peace officers.
- Instructed thousands of FBI agents, law enforcements officers, and military personnel on all aspects of use of force.
- Provided self-defense and awareness instruction to civilians since 1980.
- Served as the lead/certifying instructor in providing firearms, defensive tactics, and chemical agents instruction to certify officers as instructors for their agencies (train the trainers).
- FBI Regional SWAT Team Commander.
- FBI Regional SWAT Team Operator (entry team, sniper, and grenadier)
- National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA)
- FBI National Academy
- FBI Retired Agents Association
- Managed FBI critical incidents programs to include SWAT, Evidence Response Teams (Crime Scene Investigations), Special Agent Bomb Technicians, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Crisis Management, Hazardous Materials Response Teams, and Special Events.
- Managed multi-agency critical incidents, planned and coordinated protection details of U.S. government officials, led countless high-risk tactical operations, and coordinated the FBI response to special events.
- Managed training programs to include firearms, defensive tactics, tactics, new agent training, and National Academy training. Developed training curricula and instructed on a multitude of law enforcement topics to thousands of agents, law enforcement officers, and military personnel.
- Career focus on training and criminal investigations. Criminal investigations were primarily in the Violent Crimes/Major Offenders (VCMO) program and the Crimes Against Children (CAC) program.
- Created a FBI nationwide regulatory inspection program to safeguard children and ensure minors were not working in the adult pornography industry. Prior to this initiative, the FBI had never conducted regulatory inspections. In addition to researching applicable laws and drafting policy, responsible for selecting, training, and supervising inspectors.
- Created an international program to combat child sex tourism (CST) under the Protect Act of 2003. Met with executive levels of government officials in Thailand and Cambodia and negotiated a joint operation targeting U.S. citizens molesting children in Southeast Asia. Researched applicable U.S. and foreign laws and established policy and training guidelines. Selected, trained, and supervised investigative agents, technically-trained agents, and undercover agents for overseas operations. Team leader for all CST operations internationally.
- Key note speaker for employee conferences and training seminars.
M.A., Organizational-Industrial Psychology, University of West Florida, 1982
B.A., Psychology, University of West Florida, 1981
B.A., Biology/Pre-professional, University of West Florida, 1981
| ||© 2020, Survival Sciences, LLC. All rights reserved.|